Short Biography, Information & Facts about Menes, the famous pharaoh and king of Egypt
Biography, Facts and information about the life of a Pharaoh
The term pharaoh was the title of an ancient Egyptian king who was considered to be a living god and worshipped as a deity. The pharaoh was an absolute ruler of Egypt, both the political and religious leader.
Short Biography of the life of Menes
The history, facts and information about Menes, a famous pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. The following biography information provides basic facts about the life Menes:
- Menes was also known as Hor-Aha meaning "Horus of the Reeds" the Hawk King
- Other names included Ohe and Mena and was referred to first as "The Fighter" and then as "The Established" and the "Unifier of the Two Lands"
- Egyptian Period / Kingdom: Early Dynastic Period
- Dynasty: Menes is crediting with establishing the First Egyptian Dynasty
- Name of Previous Pharaoh: Possibly Horus Narmer "Catfish"
- Years of Reign: Possibly 3407 to 3346 BC
- Succeeded by: Djer
- The names of his father and mother are unknown but his ancestors are believed to be the "Horus-people" or the "Hawk-people" of the Predynastic Period
- Chief Wife: His chief wife and consort was Princess Neihotpe
- Biography and accomplishments or why Menes was famous: As a military commander who was the first ruler to unite Egypt under one rule starting the Ancient Egyptian civilisation and the power of the Pharaohs. Menes also established the famous capital of Memphis. Memphis, in Lower Egypt, was founded around 3100 BC and started the first dynasty of the Old Kingdom. The religion of Ancient Egypt was also established combining the worship of gods such as Horus, Ptah and Set with the other old gods. Temples were built during his reign to honor these gods. The wealth of Egypt prospered during this period and trading was promoted with the traded with the Syrians, Palestinians, Libyans, and Mesopotamians.
Each section of this Ancient Egyptian website addresses all topics and provides interesting facts and information about the Golden Age of Pharaohs and of Menes. The Sitemap provides full details of all of the information and facts provided about the fascinating subject of the Ancient Egyptian Kings - their life, family, reign, dynasty, important dates and events and accomplishments.
Short Biography of Menes
- Interesting biography, facts and information about Menes
- Short Biography about the life of Menes the famous Egyptian Pharaoh
- Short Biography, Facts and History of Menes
- Why Menes is remembered and famous facts and events in the reign
- Key facts, dates and events in the life and biography of Menes
- Information, facts, accomplishments and important dates