Short Biography, Information & Facts about Amenhotep I, the famous pharaoh and king of Egypt
Biography, Facts and information about the life of a Pharaoh
The term pharaoh was the title of an ancient Egyptian king who was considered to be a living god and worshipped as a deity. The pharaoh was an absolute ruler of Egypt, both the political and religious leader.
Short Biography of the life of Amenhotep I
The history, facts and information about Amenhotep I, a famous pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. The following biography information provides basic facts about the life Amenhotep I:
- Amenhotep I was also known as Amenophis
- Meaning of his name: "Amun is satisfied"
- Egyptian Period / Kingdom: New Kingdom
- Dynasty: Amenhotep I ruled in the Eighteenth Egyptian Dynasty
- Name of Previous Pharaoh: Ahmose I 1550 BC -1525 BC
- Years of Reign: 1525 BC -1504 BC
- Succeeded by: Thutmose I 1504 BC -1492 BC
- Father: His father was Ahmose I
- Mother: His mother was Ahmose-Nefertari
- Chief Wife: His chief wife and consort was Ahmose-Meritamon
- Children: Amenemhat and Ahmes
- Year of Death: 1504 BC
- Location of the Burial Site: Valley of the Kings
- Tomb reference number: KV39
- Name of Egyptologist who discovered the burial site, or tomb, of Amenhotep I: Re-excavated by Chinouda Macarios and Boutros Andraos working for Victor Loret (1859 - 1946)
- Biography and accomplishments or why Amenhotep I was famous: The third son of Ahmose I, his elder brothers died and Amenhotep succeeded to the throne when his father died. Two of his names meant "Bull who conquers the lands" and "He who inspires great terror" indicating that he was a military leader. He was known to lead expeditions into Nubia, Canaan, Mesoptamia and Kush. A great innovation, the water clock, was invented during his reign becoming one of the many famous Ancient Egyptian Inventions. Amenhotep I was the first pharaoh to separate his tomb from his mortuary temple. His children died young, so he left no heir to the throne of Egypt. He was therefore succeeded by Thutmose I who was married to Ahmose who was believed to be the sister of Amenhotep I and the daughter of Ahmose I.
Each section of this Ancient Egyptian website addresses all topics and provides interesting facts and information about the Golden Age of Pharaohs and of Amenhotep I. The Sitemap provides full details of all of the information and facts provided about the fascinating subject of the Ancient Egyptian Kings - their life, family, reign, dynasty, important dates and events and accomplishments.
Short Biography of Amenhotep I
- Interesting biography, facts and information about Amenhotep I
- Short Biography about the life of Amenhotep I the famous Egyptian Pharaoh
- Short Biography, Facts and History of Amenhotep I
- Why Amenhotep I is remembered and famous facts and events in the reign
- Key facts, dates and events in the life and biography of Amenhotep I
- Information, facts, accomplishments and important dates